- TitleChapel of Saint Michael and Saint George, after 1931
- ReferenceSPCAA/D/6/12/(1-22)
- Datec.1931-1968
- Creator
- Scope and ContentDrawings relating to the design, arrangement and furbishment of the Chapel of St Michael and St George dating from 1931 to 1968. These include: plan showing present holders of banners; plans showing suggested final arrangement of seating (4 May 1933); suggested designs for back row of seats on the north side; proposed alterations to marble paving; elevation of chapel window, damaged by bomb and removed in March 1949; design for altar book rest (1957); detail of faldstool (1958); design of proposed additional light fitting (February 1968); details of banner holders and proposed resiting of the statue of St George (1968). Drawings of the chapel made during the surveyorship of Mervyn Macartney (1907-1931) are catalogued under SPCAA/D/6/1. Drawings by Somers Clarke are catalogued with Somers Clarke drawings SPCAA/D/5/13.
- Exent22 drawings
- Conditions governing accessAccess is strictly by appointment only with the architectural archivist. Material dating from 1990 to the present day is not currently available for public consultation. Some records are subject to a closure period of 75 years under the Data Protection Act.
- Related object
Hierarchy browser